Income Generating Project (IGP)
MS. REMEDIOS C. CAPUNO
INCOME & RESOURCE GENARATION OFFICE (IRGO)
PURPOSES AND SCOPE
One of the sternest problems presently confronting the SUCs is the thinning subsidy of the government, particularly the Maintenance and Other Operating Expenses (MOOE) and the total phase- out of their Capital Outlays (CO). This problem poses a peril on the quality of education. Therefore, it is essential for the College to embark in the massive generation of added revenues to enhance its operation in the face of such budgetary constraints.
Like any other higher educational institutions, the Marikina Polytechnic College is directed to carrry out the four basic functions – Instruction, Research, Extension and Production, the latter of which is to sustain the former three functions of the College.
The College does not only offer the theoretical knowledge to the students but also the methodological know-how to make them competitively prepared in their world of work after graduation. Being a polytechnic college, MPC has been in ad infinitum engagement in income/resource generating projects to expose the students to hands-on training, thereby, they are made more proficient in their areas of specialization, besides the provision of better opportunity to earn while they learn.
The IRGO also serve as avenue for research, extension and training activities of students and faculty/non-teaching personnel and more importantly constitute a show window for technocrats and other constituents in the community.
A reinvigorated or reinforced techno-business program of the college would eventually contribute to the realization of its goals to attain fiscal independence and flexibility in fund administration and to effectively carry on its mandate as a state institution of a higher learning.
Such program will likewise help produce employment opportunities for the people in its service areas to become productive and self-reliant citizens for sustainable social and economic improvement.
To pursue sustainable techno-business and service-oriented programs that will incite development of the College through utilization of its human facilities.
Marikina Polytechnic College as a model institution in techno-business enterprise in the National Capital Region.
To operate and manage effectively and efficiently all techno-business and institutional services IRGPs of the College.
- Income/resource generation to augment financial facilities and manpower requirements of the College
- Establishment of techno-industrial projects
- Enrichment of faculty, staff and students welfare
- Expansion of laboratory for entrepreneural and managerial skills development
- Provision of training path for practicum, intern students, project managers and technocrat clientele.
- To generate income to augment financial facilities and manpower needs of the college;
- To operate and manage all IRGPs of the college by harnessing its physical and human resources;
- To complement instruction, research and extension programs of the colege through practical exposures and actual participation of students, faculty and staffs;
- To provide quality and affordable products and services to faculty, staf, students and other clients;
- To establish a show window for techno-industrial enterprises in the City;
- To provide employment to students so that they can earn while they learn by maximizing the use of their free time;
- To provide training avenues for practicum, Occupational Internship Program (OIP) and On-the-Job Training (OJT) students on the development of entrepreneurial and managerial abilities;
- To provide opportunities for faculty and staff to augment their income.
Commitment to expansion
Our pledge to serve
EXISTING PROJECTS OPERATED BY THE COLLEGE
|School Uniform for BTTE, BIT and COT|
|Blouse and skirt for female with patch||P685.00|
|Polo Barong for male with patch||P360.00|
|Jogging Pants / Yellow Polo T-shirt||P550.00|
|NSTP Polo Shirt with patch||P170.00|
|Evening Vocational Opportunity Courses (EVOC) Polo shirt/T-shirt||P250.00|
|Graduation Gown (Toga)|
|School ID Production|
|Food Nook Stalls|
STEPS IN STARTING AN IRGP PROJECT
The MPC have the following steps in starting an IRGP Project
- Survey the resources needed for the new project
- Selection of an IRGO Director with the technical expertise and comitment. The IRGO Director shall conduct a market survey to determine the scale of the project
- Formulation of the plan and budget, including records format and recording system
- Interpretation of the plan, specific activities are as follows:
- Purchase of stocks, inputs and materials
- Monitoring and supervision of the daily activities of the workers,
- Report preparation either monthly, semi-annual or after each production cycle
- Submission of quarterly reports to concerned agencies.