The College underwent several transformations prior to its present status. The school was first established on July 18, 1947 as the Marikina Junior High School by virtue of Municipal Council Resolution No. 59, s.1947.
On July 18, 1949, the school was renamed Marikina High School since the full four-year secondary general course was offered.
Then, on July 18, 1952, the name of the school was again changed to LeodegarioVictorino Memorial High School in honor of LeodegarioVictorino, the first Marikenian to become Division Superintendent of Schools in the province of Rizal. The school retained its name until its conversion into a National School of Arts and Trades on July 1, 1957 by virtue of Republic Act No. 1586 authored by Rep. Serafin Salvador, Second District of Rizal. The school was then named as Marikina School of Arts and Trades (MSAT).
Sapag sikat ng araw, aking matatanaw
Makinang nakinabukasan, aking makakamtam
Hinding-hindi maninimdim sa banta ng kahirapan
Ako na inihanda ng mahal kong paaralan
Politeknikong Kolehiyong Marikina
Ang teknikal na edukasyon, kinintal mo t’wina
Politeknikong kolehiyong Marikina
Talinoko’y pinapanday, turomo’y pag-asa
Sinisintang paaralan, ikaw ang katuwang
Sapag kamit ng mithiin, siya mong hahangarin
Kahit saan pa mapadpad ay hindi mababagabag
Dunong na iyong bigay ang magsisilbing gabay
Marikina Polytechnic College, Mabuhay ka!!!
The College is committed to provide quality and relevant education and training for prospective administrators, teachers, trainors and technopreneurs and to produce quality researches for the development of shoe and leathercraft and other allied industries.
The Marikina Polytechnic College shall be the national center for higher professional teacher and technical education and training and the center of development for shoe and leathercraft and other allied industries.